Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Milo

Blogging seem so hot among everyone around me. So, I decided to start one too. It is also in the memory of a rabbit -- Milo.

He died yesterday. He "collasped" on Sunday afternoon. Panicking, I called the vet clinic hotline. The vet recommended that I observed him for a day, and if he is still abnormal, then bring him to clinic in the morning.

He hasn't been eating properly due to lousy teeth, which tended to over-grown. Colleagues told me that this was commonly caused by in-breeding. I learnt about the "over-grown" teeth when I brought him to clinic about 2 months ago for a swollen cheek. Vet said that the swolleness was because the absess built up due to overgrown teeth.. Can't remember the details, anyway I am not a vet, and it was quite sometime ago. All the teeth on the right side were removed at that time.

I still remembered that on Sunday night, and he was lying in the cage. I opened the cage door to let him out into the play pen. Usually, he stand and wait by the door to come out. But that night, he didn't move. He just lay there looking at me. Still keeping Milo's cage door opened, I let tututu into the play pen instead. And I saw that Milo try to shift in his laying position, so that he can see what is going on in the play pen. Its so sad.

What I should have done on Sunday? Try to seek another vet for advise? Bring him to an emergency hospital? Till now, for the last two days, my mother kept repeatedly said that I have caused his death, and said that he didn't want to die. I am blamed for not bringing him to seek medical treatment earlier. I am such a horrible owner. Hmmm... I decided that no more rabbit for me. No more no more.

My rabbits:
Tu Tu: First rabbit - Die due to hmm.. I also do not know. I am young, she was very very young. Probably less than 4 months old? All I can remember was, we went out in the afternoon. And by the time we returned home, I saw a stiff body in the cage. I have cried for a long time.

Tututu: Second rabbit - A replacement for Tu Tu. He looked exactly like Tu Tu, except that this is a Male. Now, he is about 4 years old. I promised myself that I will give him all my loving tender care, everyday.

Milo: The third. The cutest. Yet, the most pitifully one..

No comments:

Post a Comment